Social Media = Blogs, Podcasts, Video and Photo Sharing, Wikis
This video focuses on basics of social media: new technology that makes everyone a producer and tools that give everyone a chance to have a say. Courtesy of “CommonCraft.com”.
How social media affects business and learning:
- Companies can learn directly from customers.
- Free customer reviews were more valuable than costly advertising.
- The way is created for customers to find exactly what they wanted.
- The combination of new technology and new ways to work with customers creates a sense of community.
- Everyone has a chance to contribute, thanks to free tools like blogs, podcasts and video sharing.
- Today, we now have new ways for real people to play a role in providing feedback, organization and promotion.
- Whether you’re a big, established company. An Individual with loyal fans…Or simply someone with ideas and opinions…Social media means new opportunities to create and communicate with people that care.